Yield about 10-12 cups of sauce
1 oz Hibiscus Tea Experience
4 cups Ginger wine (any brand will do)
6 oz Chilled butter (unsalted) if possible cubed
2 tbsp Veggie oil or any of your taste
6 cl Garlic
3 wl Scallions
10 oz Fresh ginger
1 tbsp Onion powder
1 tbsp Garlic powder
2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tsp Chile powder
1 Orange (juiced and peeled)
3 Limes (juiced and peeled)
3 Lemons (juiced and peeled)
1/4 cup Light brown sugar or 1/2 cup of agave
2 tbsp Corn starch, Salt and pepper to taste
In a saucepan bring 10 cups of water to a boil to steep the Tea Experience Hibiscus tea. When steeping is done, lower heat and reduce the liquid to 2/3 & set aside
- Smash garlic, scallion, and ginger. In a medium sauce pan on medium low heat add oil , add veggies and the citrus peels to sauté for 5 min. The garlic and scallion should look translucent to release all the flavor goodness.
- Increase heat to medium high, add the dry powders for toasting for appx. 2 mins until a consistency of a paste develops. Then add the wine and let simmer on medium low heat covered for 5 mins.
- Uncover the sauce and add the citrus juices and sugar (agave) and continue to cook for another 3 mins on medium high heat. When done remove and strain out veggies and peels.
- Return the sauce to high heat, add the tea but reserve a cup to dissolve the corn starch (to make a slurry). Add the slurry to mixture while whisking vigorously to prevent lumps. Bring the mixture to a boil until thick.
- Lower to medium heat and whisk In the chilled butter-cube by cube, let the glaze cook for another 4 mins then remove from the heat and let cool.
- Glaze is ready to brush on top of your favorite meat or tofu or veggies. Also great for cheese platter condiment or for basting on the grill